Advertisement for the post of Project Manager
(A Section 8 - Not for profit Company)
About the Company
- To operate as a Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) for technology development and act as a nodal centre spearheading the activities in “Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” and other related areas under Technology Incubation Hub (TIH) of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems (NMICPS).
- To organize, undertake, monitor, and promote programs under “Interdisciplinary Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” mainly in five major domains: Communication, Transportation, Energy, Defence, and Healthcare and also other related areas for the development of new areas of research, technology development, innovation, professional education, entrepreneurship, brand building, technology commercialization and product management; for the dissemination and deployment of intellectual property; and for public outreach.
- To create a platform for research and innovation in the area of “Interdisciplinary Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” mainly in five major domains: Communication, Transportation, Energy, Defence, and Healthcare and also other related areas between IIT (BHU) Varanasi and industry.
- To incubate and nurture the translation of idea and innovations emerging from the scientific, technological and knowledge capital, to generate commercial and social impact and to contribute to the economic development and social well-being of the Region and Country by building the necessary infrastructure for creation and translation of technology to market readiness, by supporting adoption of it by existing ventures and creation of startup ventures, and by creating networks between academia, industry and financial institutions and other such assistance as required.
- The company will be supported by the DST for five years, following which it should generate its own revenue to continue with its functions.
Role of Portfolio Manager/Project Manager
The candidate should have exposure and hands on experience of Materials development and processing, innovative manufacturing techniques from reputed organizations or Industry. The job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may, from time to time, be required to undertake other related duties. The manager will work in a team to achieve the end objectives of the hub. The company will have an office within IIT (BHU) Varanasi and will have staff strength of one CEO, around 5 managers and 10-15 other supporting staff (tentative number). Also a number of students will be part of the eco-system.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders (professors, researchers from other Institutes/universities and research organizations in India and abroad, start-up companies, industries, etc.).
- Coordinate with PIs/Incharges of the projects and keeping records of the projects, preparation of reports, UC/SE etc.
- Coordinate reporting and documentation of executed meetings /programs/conferences and seminars.
- Should be able to work with the staff to define mission, staff management, financial management, legal issues management, accountability, and effectiveness.
- Work effectively to generate funds for the company in order to be self-sufficient as soon as possible.
- Engage with startup founders and stay updated on the progress of the start-ups on a regular basis.
- Event planning, co-ordination, and calendar management. End to end planning and execution of ’Investor Meets' and ’Demo Days'.
- To assist the hub in various joint projects with IIT (BHU) and also external joint projects, monitor progress of these projects, and provide periodic reports to the Hub’s Board.
- Other related work assign time to time by the Board of Directors.
Top tier degree from leading Indian/Global Engineering and/or University. Years of experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience will be preferred.
- Prior experience in translational work of research into products in industry, association, and similar organizations.
- Is a successful professional looking for a change in mind set-up in order to translate research into products.
- Gravitas and commanding respect, ability to interact comfortably with eminent and senior professors, professionals, students, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
- Strong technical/ management skills
- Should be willing to travel extensively and his/her life situation should allow for that.
- Skill of effective communication, organizational development and planning.
- Strong bias for action.
Compensation: Upto Rs 6-10 lakhs annual (based on experiences, and negotiable) fixed salary (No allowances and accommodation)
Tenure: Initially 3 years (Renewable based on annual performance/appraisal)
Age: Less than 45 years
Termination: It is a temporary position and the service of the employee shall be liable to termination at any time by notice in writing given either by the employee to the Appointing Authority or by the Appointing Authority to the employee. The period of such notice shall be three months. Company may withdraw or discontinue any position any time.
Note: Interested aspirants may send their details (Application letter in support of the post along with CV and other documents as one PDF file) by 8th June 2022, to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org). The few best candidates will be called for interaction/interview. The applicants, who have applied against earlier advertisement, need to apply again.