Advertisement for the post of Chief Executive Officer
(A Section 8 - Not for profit Company)
About the Company
- To operate as a Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) for technology development and act as a nodal centre spearheading the activities in “Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” and other related areas under Technology Incubation Hub (TIH) of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems (NMICPS).
- To organize, undertake, monitor, and promote programs under “Interdisciplinary Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” mainly in five major domains: Communication, Transportation, Energy, Defence, and Healthcare and also other related areas for the development of new areas of research, technology development, innovation, professional education, entrepreneurship, brand building, technology commercialization and product management; for the dissemination and deployment of intellectual property; and for public outreach.
- To create a platform for research and innovation in the area of “Interdisciplinary Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” mainly in five major domains: Communication, Transportation, Energy, Defence, and Healthcare and also other related areas with IIT (BHU) Varanasi and industry.
- To incubate and nurture the translation of idea and innovations emerging from the scientific, technological and knowledge capital, to generate commercial and social impact and to contribute to the economic development and social well-being of the Region and Country by building the necessary infrastructure for creation and translation of technology to market readiness, by supporting adoption of it by existing ventures and creation of startup ventures, and by creating networks between academia, industry and financial institutions and other such assistance as required.
- The company will be supported by the DST for five years, following which it should generate its own revenue to continue with its functions.
- All the activities related to the company will be governed by its own separate Board of Directors and led by the CEO.
Role of CEO
As the newly formed Section-8 company, the CEO would manage / coordinate / lead multifarious operational roles like – project management, business development, finance and administration. The Job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may, from time to time, be required to undertake other related duties. The CEO will be responsible to create and lead a team of professionals to achieve the end objectives of the hub. The company will have an office within IIT (BHU) Varanasi and will have staff strength of around 5 Technical Managers and 10- 15other supporting staff (tentative number). Also a number of students /faculty will be part of the eco-system.
- Being the founding CEO, define and build the core nucleus of the organization, structure, functioning processes in line with the purpose and vision of the hub.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders (professors, researchers from other Institutes/universities and research organizations in India and abroad, start-up companies, industries, etc.).
- Should be able to work with Board of Directors of the company and the Hub Governing Body (HGB).
- Should be able to work with the staff to define mission, staff management, financial management, legal issues management, accountability, and effectiveness.
- Work effectively to generate and manage funds for the company in order to be self- sufficient as soon as possible.
- To assist the hub in approving allocation of funds to various joint projects with IIT (BHU) and also external joint projects, monitor progress of these projects and provide periodic reports to the hub’s Board.
- Other related work assigned time to time by the Board of Directors.
- To carry out a financial appraisal of projects
- To prepare/examine financial statements of the company and highlight achievements and failures and suggest course corrections
- To monitor Key Result Areas as defined by the Board
- To prepare agenda for Board meetings and circulate the same amongst board members sufficiently in advance
- To prepare MOM for board meetings
Top tier degree from leading Indian/Global Engineering and/or Business Schools (with minimum marks 55%). Years of experience: At least 10 years of relevant experience (More will be preferred)
- Prior experience in translational work of research into products in industry, association, and similar organizations.
- Is a successful senior professional looking for a change in mind set-up in order to translate research into products.
- Gravitas and commanding respect, ability to interact comfortably with eminent and senior professors, professionals, students, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
- Strong management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and should be able carry team
- Should be willing to travel extensively and his/her life situation should allow for that.
- Skill of effective communication, collaboration/partnership, organizational development and planning.
- Strong bias for action.
Compensation: Upto Rs 12-18 lakhs annual (based on experiences, and negotiable) fixed salary (No allowances and accommodation)
Tenure: Initially 3 years (Renewable based on annual performance/appraisal)
Age: Less than 50 years
Note: Interested aspirants may send their details (Application letter in support of the post along with CV and other documents as one PDF file) by 8th June 2022, to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org). The few best candidates will be called for interaction/interview. The applicants, who have applied against earlier advertisement, need to apply again.
Termination: It is a temporary position and the service of the employee shall be liable to termination at any time by notice in writing given either by the employee to the Appointing Authority or by the Appointing Authority to the employee. The period of such notice shall be three months. Company may withdraw or discontinue any position any time.