Advertisement for the post of Chief Executive Officer
Location: IIT(BHU) Varanasi
Company: I-DAPT-HUB FOUNDATION
(A Section 8 – Not for Profit Company)
About the Company
- To operate as a Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) for technology development and act as a nodal center spearheading the activities in “Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” and other related areas under the Technology Incubation Hub (TIH) of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NMICPS).
- To organize, undertake, monitor, and promote programs under “Interdisciplinary Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” mainly in five major domains: Communication, Transportation, Energy, Defense, and Healthcare and also other related areas for the development of new areas of research, technology development, innovation, professional education, entrepreneurship, brand building, technology commercialization, and product management for the dissemination and deployment of intellectual property and for public outreach.
- To create a platform for research and innovation in the area of “Interdisciplinary Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” mainly in five major domains: Communication, Transportation, Energy, Defense, and Healthcare, and also other related areas with IIT (BHU) Varanasi and
- To incubate and nurture the translation of ideas and innovations emerging from the scientific, technological, and knowledge capital, to generate commercial and social impact, and to contribute to the economic development and social well-being of the Region and Country by building the necessary infrastructure for creation and translation of technology to market readiness, by supporting the adoption of it by existing ventures and creation of startup ventures, and by creating networks between academia, industry, and financial institutions and other such assistance as
- The company will be supported by the DST for five years, following which it should generate its own revenue to continue with its
- All the activities related to the company will be governed by its own separate Board of Directors and led by the
Role of CEO
As the newly formed Section-8 company, the CEO would manage/coordinate/lead multifarious operational roles like – project management, business development, finance, and administration. The Job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may, from time to time, be required to undertake other related duties. The CEO will be responsible to create and lead a team of professionals to achieve the end objectives of the hub. The company will have an office within IIT (BHU) Varanasi and will have a staff strength of around 5 Technical Managers and 10- 15 other supporting staff (tentative number). Also, a number of students /faculty will be part of the ecosystem.
- Being the founding CEO, define and build the core nucleus of the organization, structure, and functioning processes in line with the purpose and vision of the
- Build relationships with all stakeholders (professors, researchers from other Institutes/universities and research organizations in India and abroad, start-up companies, industries, ).
- Should be able to work with the Board of Directors of the company and the Hub Governing Body (HGB).
- Should be able to work with the staff to define the mission, staff management, financial management, legal issues management, accountability, and
- Work effectively to generate and manage funds for the company in order to be self-sufficient as soon as
- To assist the hub in approving the allocation of funds to various joint projects with IIT (BHU) and also external joint projects, monitor the progress of these projects, and provide periodic reports to the hub’s
- Other related work is assigned from time to time by the Board of
- To carry out a financial appraisal of projects
- To prepare/examine financial statements of the company and highlight achievements and failures and suggest course corrections
- To monitor Key Result Areas as defined by the Board
- To prepare agenda for Board meetings and circulate the same amongst board members sufficiently in advance
- To prepare MoM for board meetings
Qualification and Experiences:
B.E./B.Tech/M.Sc. with minimum 60% marks (or equivalent grade) from top-tier Indian/Global Institutes/Universities with at least 15 years of industrial/teaching/research experience.
M.E./M.Tech/MBA(or equivalent like PGDBM) with minimum 60% marks (or equivalent grade) from top tier Indian/Global Institutes/Universities/Business Schools with at least 10 years of industrial/research/academic experience.
Ph.D. in the area of Engineering/Technology/Science/Management/Entrepreneurship from top-tier Indian/Global Institutes/Universities/Business Schools with minimum 6 years of industrial/teaching/research experience in the area of Innovation and Entrepreneurship/Product Development/Technology Development/ Technology Commercialization/ Business Development.
Note: People who have an interdisciplinary educational background or industry experience are encouraged to apply.
The ideal profile of the CEO should include:
- Prior experience in translational work of research into products in the industry, association, and similar
- Is a successful senior professional looking for a change in mind set-up in order to translate research into
- Gravitas and commanding respect, ability to interact comfortably with eminent and senior professors, professionals, students, collaborators, and other
- Strong management
- Strong interpersonal skills, and should be able to carry the team
- Should be willing to travel extensively and his/her life situation should allow for
- The skill of effective communication, collaboration/partnership, organizational development, and planning.
- Strong bias for
- Experience with working in an academic or industrial research and innovation setting
- Experience and understanding of technology development and commercialization
- General management (financial and administrative) skills
- Willingness to learn
- Experience working with incubation centers, business incubators, entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Exposure to working with international research groups or on international research projects
Compensation: Upto Rs 12-18 lakhs annually (based on experiences, and negotiable) fixed salary (No allowances and accommodation)
Tenure: Initially 1 year (Renewable based on annual performance/appraisal)
Age: Less than 50 years
click the link below for online application submission
Note: Interested aspirants may send their details (Application letter in support of the post along with CV and other documents as one PDF file) through the Google link provided with this advertisement or in case of any difficulty they may send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com) by 06-06-2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interaction/interview. Mere fulfillment of the minimum eligibility criteria does not entitle an applicant to be shortlisted. Depending on the number of applications received, the minimum required qualifications and desirable experience criteria may be decided.
Termination: It is a temporary position and the service of the employee shall be liable to termination at any time by notice in writing given either by the employee to the Appointing Authority or by the Appointing Authority to the employee. The period of such notice shall be three months. The company may withdraw or discontinue any position at any time.