Advertisement for the post of Project Manager Startup, Incubation, and Networking (Post No-3)
Location: IIT (BHU) Varanasi
Company: I-DAPT-HUB FOUNDATION
(A Section 8 – Not for Profit Company)
About the Company
- To operate as a Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) for technology development and act as a nodal center spearheading the activities in “Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” and other related areas under the Technology Incubation Hub (TIH) of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NMICPS).
- To organize, undertake, monitor, and promote programs under “Interdisciplinary Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” mainly in five major domains: Communication, Transportation, Energy, Defence, and Healthcare and also other related areas for the development of new areas of research, technology development, innovation, professional education, entrepreneurship, brand building, technology commercialization, and product management; for the dissemination and deployment of intellectual property; and public outreach.
- To create a platform for research and innovation in the area of “Interdisciplinary Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies” mainly in five major domains: Communication, Transportation, Energy, Defence, and Healthcare and also other related areas between IIT (BHU) Varanasi and
- To incubate and nurture the translation of ideas and innovations emerging from the scientific, technological, and knowledge capital, to generate commercial and social impact, and to contribute to the economic development and social well-being of the Region and Country by building the necessary infrastructure for creation and translation of technology to market readiness, by supporting the adoption of it by existing ventures and creation of startup ventures, and by creating networks between academia, industry, and financial institutions and other such assistance as
- The company will be supported by the DST for five years, following which it should generate its own revenue to continue with its
Role of Project Manager
The candidate should have exposure and hands-on experience in handling the startups and incubation processes at the business incubation centers from National Institutes (IITs, IIMs, NITs, Universities, and Research and Development labs. Experiences with accelerators, incubators, and venture capitalists would be considered as added merit. The job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may, from time to time, be required to undertake other related duties. The manager will work in a team to achieve the end objectives of the hub. The company will have an office within IIT (BHU) Varanasi and will have a staff strength of one CEO, around 5 managers, and 10-15 other supporting staff (tentative number). Also, a number of students will be part of the ecosystem.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders (professors, researchers from other Institutes/universities and research organizations in India and abroad, start-up companies, industries, ).
- Coordinate with PIs/Incharges of the projects and keep records of the projects, preparation of reports, UC/SE,
- Coordinate reporting and documentation of executed meetings /programs/conferences and
- Should be able to work with the staff to define the mission, staff management, financial management, legal issues management, accountability, and
- Work effectively to generate funds for the company in order to be self-sufficient as soon as
- Engage with startup founders and stay updated on the progress of the start-ups on a regular
- Event planning, coordination, and calendar management. End-to-end planning and execution of ’Investor Meets’ and ’Demo Days’.
- To assist the hub in various joint projects with IIT (BHU) and also external joint projects, monitor the progress of these projects, and provide periodic reports to the Hub’s
- Other related works assign from time to time by the Board of
Top-tier degree from a leading Indian/Global Engineering and/or University. The applicants must hold the M.Com/MBA/M.Tech degree with first class from the top tier institutes/Universities/Business Schools in India and abroad.
Years of experience: At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the domain of Startup, Business Incubation, Entrepreneurship ecosystem, and entrepreneurship development projects. Knowledge of Finance and Accounting, Drafting MOUs, Business agreements, and Business Contracts will be preferred. The applicants must have the basic or advanced stage practical knowledge of the Business Incubators Ecosystem, Technology Transfer, Business Development, accelerators, incubators, funding sources for startups and entrepreneurs, taxation, and business law practiced in the Indian context.
- Prior experience in translational work of research into products in the industry, association, and similar organization
- Is a successful professional looking for a change of mind set-up in order to translate research into
- Gravitas and commanding respect, ability to interact comfortably with eminent and senior professors, professionals, students, collaborators, and other
- Strong technical/ management
- Should be willing to travel extensively and his/her life situation should allow for
- The skill of effective communication, organizational development, and
- Strong bias for
Compensation: Upto Rs 6-10 lakhs annually (based on experiences, and negotiable) fixed salary (No allowances and accommodation)
Tenure: Initially 1 year (Renewable based on annual performance/appraisal)
Age: Less than 45 years
Termination: It is a temporary position and the service of the employee shall be liable to termination at any time by notice in writing given either by the employee to the Appointing Authority or by the Appointing Authority to the employee. The period of such notice shall be three months. The company may withdraw or discontinue any position at any time.
click the link below for online application submission
Note: Interested aspirants may send their details (Application letter in support of the post along with CV and other documents as one PDF file) through the Google link provided with this advertisement or in case of any difficulty they may send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com) by 06-06-2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interaction/interview. Mere fulfillment of the minimum eligibility criteria does not entitle an applicant to be shortlisted. Depending on the number of applications received, the minimum required qualifications and desirable experience criteria may be decided.